Responsive. Effective. Experienced Leader.
I am running for the 1st District County Council in Anne Arundel County because I believe these are qualities we should demand in our local leader and that are key to a better quality of life in District 1.
There is no position in government closer to the lives of citizens than the County Council. It is critical you have a council person you can trust, who works to promote our area, and works towards improving our quality of life. That is my pledge to you.
Your elected councilperson is your representative, your advocate, and your voice when it comes to matters affecting our area and your life as a resident of our District.
As your councilperson, I will:
• Cut spending.
• Fight to ensure District 1 receives fair and equitable State and county funding.
• Oppose property tax increases.
• Invest in public education by supporting our classroom teachers, not bureaucracies.
• Strengthen laws cracking down on violent criminals and for laws that protect our communities.
• Combat the opiod and drug problems that plague our communities.
• Promote and advance innovative and effective economic development programs and job creation partnerships to put District 1 residents back to work.
I will be a council representative who forges the creative solutions and partnerships to deal with the problems unique to our district and who works hard–and smart–to make District 1 a great place to live, work and raise a family.
I can only do this with your support.
I am asking for your vote on November 6, 2018 or from October 25th to November 1st during early voting.
Who Is Kim Burns?
Trained Advocate and Problem Solver.
Responsive, Effective, and Experienced Leader.
Community Boards & Activities
• Board of Trustees, Anne Arundel Community College
• Board of Directors, Arts Council of Anne Arundel County
• Board of Directors, Chesapeake Arts Center
• CCD Teacher, St. Philip Neri
• Parishioner, Holy Trinity Catholic Church
• Active in community events and school volunteer.
• Member, Linthicum-Shipley Improvement Association
• Member, 32nd District Republican Club
• Member, Republican Women of Anne Arundel County
• President, Maryland Business for Responsive Government
• Owner, Law Offices of Kimberly A. McCoy
• Law Clerk to Circuit Administrative Judge Raymond G.Thieme, Jr. (Anne Arundel County)
• Member of the Maryland Bar since 1993.
• Juris Doctor, University of Baltimore (1993).
• Masters in Business Administration, College of William and Mary (1987)
• Bachelor’s Degree, Notre Dame of Maryland University (1985)
Kim has lived in District 1 for 22 years with her husband Mike and has chosen to raise her family in District 1.